Mountain Road opens again
- News Home
- More from Isle of Man News
Thursday, December 28th, 2017 12:20pm
Caution still advised in cold conditions
The Mountain Road has opened again to traffic this lunchtime (Thurs 28th), earlier than anticipated.
It closed yesterday due to sheet ice.
Gritters have been treating affected areas this morning and police say it opened again at midday, along with the A14 Sulby Glen Road and Creg-ny-Baa back road.
Members of the public are being thanked for their patience while the routes were made safe, but after sever al accidents in the recent icy conditions, drivers are still being asked to exercise caution.
More from Isle of Man News
- Public Health calls for responsible drinking
Campaign urges people not to exceed limits
- Extra buses for NYE partygoers
Night Owl journeys for those out celebrating
- Gale force winds as Storm Dylan arrives
Gusts of up to 70mph expected
- Sir Barry Gibb pays tribute to brothers
Bee Gee was knighted in New Year honours
- Government accused of tearing up fisheries deal
DEFA respond to claims
- Further work permit changes expected
New measures planned for 2018